Ingredients (for one)
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie crust, pre-baked 5 minutes
- 3 medium tomatoes, cored, peeled and seeded; cut into thick slices
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ C shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ C whole milk or half & half cream
- ½ C Jack cheese
- ½ C fresh basil, chopped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put tomato slices on paper towels; pat slices to remove excess moisture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small skillet, heat oil and saute garlic and onion until softened. Let cool. Sprinkle 3 T of Parmesan cheese over crust. Top with onion mixture and lay tomato slices in a pretty pattern on top.
In a bowl, beat eggs well; then add milk, Jack cheese, basil, and parsley, mixing until thoroughly combined. Pour mixture over the tomato in the pie crust. Sprinkle with the remaining T of Parmesan cheese. Bake 35-40 minutes or until puffed and golden. Let cool slightly (10 minutes) before cutting. Serve with a green salad and thick French bread slices.